Homeopath and Herbalist
“I love helping women make educated and natural choices that improve their overall emotional and physical health …”
Sara Chana Silverstein is a Brooklyn-based, international board-certified lactation consultant (IBCLC), classical homeopath, herbalist, businesswoman, wife and mother of seven children. Sara is your teacher and guide as you navigate the challenging worlds of working mom and/or breastfeeding mother, revealing the secrets to taking charge of your own health for the wellbeing of both you and your child. She is a highly sought-after public speaker, presenting an array of topics in an intelligent, compelling, funny, provocative, and exciting way.
With sensitivity and compassion, Sara Chana dispels birthing myths, empowering mothers and teaching them how to improve their breastfeeding experience. She helps women along the journey from birth to menopause using natural remedies, putting them in charge and in control of their own and their families’ health.
What makes Sara Chana the expert? Besides 15 years of training and practice, she lives what she gives 24/7, as a working mother whose aim is optimal health for herself and her family.
Although Sara Chana’s emphasis is on giving women the know-how to treat and heal health conditions naturally, she believes strongly in working with the medical profession. She is a consultant to many obstetricians, midwives and pediatricians in the New York metropolitan area, and she guides mothers in how to ask the proper questions of their doctors to ensure that they and their children receive the most appropriate and comprehensive healthcare.
Sara Chana is also an adult education teacher, columnist, and community advocate for women and children.
Here are just a few of the popular topics that Sara Chana addresses:
- Herbal medicine: witchcraft or science?
- Putting together your family’s personalized, all-natural first aid kit
- Natural choices in women’s health
- Mood swings in the playground of life — taming your inner bullies with natural remedies
- C-sections: good for you or good for your doctor?
- An advanced course in juggling: breastfeeding, working, parenting
- B.A., UC Irvine
- International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant
- 2,500 clinical hours in breastfeeding
- 4-year certificate course on Homeopathic Medicine
- 250 clinical hours in Homeopathy
- 2-year certificate apprentice program in Herbal Healing