https://sarachana.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/sara_chana_logo06.png 0 0 Sara Chana Silverstein https://sarachana.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/sara_chana_logo06.png Sara Chana Silverstein2017-01-02 14:34:152018-08-22 21:12:04Tofu Tacos!
- Large frying pan
- Cookie Sheet
- Paper towels
- Potato masher
- 1 Extra firm tofu
- 2 Onions-diced
- 2 Tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 Cups brown or white rice
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, turmeric
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Avocado, sliced or made into guacamole
- 2 Cups shredded lettuce
- 1 Cup pre-made salsa
- 12 Taco shells
- Take tofu square out of package and wrap the bottom and top in paper towels to drain out all the water, occasionally press the paper towels to help express the excess fluid-set a side. Keep squeezing all the water out – the drier the tofu, the better it fries.
- Cook the 2 cups of rice per directions-set aside.
- In a frying pan sauté onions till golden brown.
- Add to the sautéed onions the tofu square. Smash the tofu with a potato smasher till the tofu in in little pieces resembling ground beef.
- Cook till tofu browns
- Add: salt, pepper, garlic power and turmeric to your taste
- After the tofu is browned and a little crunchy add the 2 cups rice-mix well
- Run the taco shells under water for 30 seconds to make moist
- Fill with the taco shells with the filling and place on cookie sheet
- Bake the taco with the filling at 350 for 10 minutes
- Fill tacos with: tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole, salsa and hot sauce